Kids are back in school and September is Save Your Photos month. What a great time to get started preserving your precious memories.
It seems lately every time I turn on the news I hear about natural disasters. It is so sad all the death and destruction. My heart just breaks for these families. Some of them lose family members and all their possessions. If they haven't digitized and backed up their photos they more than likely will never see their photos again.
I cherish my photos. It's all I have left of my parents and grand parents. I love looking at the pictures of my children when they were little and pictures of my family. I had my old VHS tapes digitized a year or so and I LOVE watching them right on my computer. They are also backed up to the cloud and I made copies for my kids.
Here are some steps to help you get started.
1. Set a goal. Make your goals small and achievable.
2. Gather your pictures. Choose digital first if they are not backed up.
3. Gather the tools you need. Feel free to message me if you need a list of tools.
4. Sort the photos. This applies to both printed and digital.
5. Scan and preserve.
6. Store and Back up. Then back up again.
7. Enjoy your hard work.