July 12 is National Simplicity Day. This unofficial holiday celebrates the life and work of Henry David Thoreau, who was an author, historian, philosopher and naturalist. July 12 is also Henry's birthday. The purpose of Simplicity Day is to encourage people to do one thing that makes the world a better place.
Henry David Thoreau born July 12, 1817, is best known for his book Walden and an essay titled "Civil Disobedience". He was also neighbors and friends with Ralph Waldo Emerson.
My top ten ideas for a life of simplicity.
1. Cut down on purchasing bottled water.
2. Donate household items you no longer use.
3. Just say no. You don't have to say yes to everyone all the time.
4. Eliminate toxic people from your life.
5. Quit Social Media for one day a week.
6. Unsubscribe to all those emails.
8. Plant a garden.
9. Take a hike.
10. Meal prep
Enjoy your National Simplicity Day!
P.S. Go through your iPhotos/Photos and delete duplicates, blurry and unwanted photos. :)